Thursday 6 May 2021

Post 14 - Editing techniques

The opening scene of my short film will be a wide shot to highlight the mise-en-scene. The setting will be made obvious, we will also get the first shot of the main character. The aim is to be drawn to her and her story. To bring attention to her I will use match on action of the back of her walking into the cinema to the front of her so there is that little moment of tension, where the audience want to see what she looks like. 

All my editing will be done in linear so the story is straight forward and simple. I don't want my film to be overly complicated and hard to understand. This is why continuity editing is a perfect technique . My aim is for each shot to drive the narrative and progress the story line. In the middle of my film, where we just hear the main characters thoughts for a few minuets this will not necessarily progress the story line. However, it allows the story to make sense and progress come the next shots. 

I will use cross cutting when it comes to discovering the male character to show the facial expressions of both actors when discovering what he was really up to. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment